Autumn

Autumn

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Kindle Fodder

Fed my Kindle this afternoon, then came home and collapsed...kinda feel not so good. Anyway, I thought I'd pass these novels along to you. Nice light reads but packed with some great advice on bug out and get home bags. For the most part I've forsaken the concept of a Bug Out Bag. I much prefer Get Home Bags....just my thing...you swing the way you wish.

Forgive the Amazon logos.

I downloaded the above two, the next is per-ordered and the fourth is still in the works. I may have posted these pics out of order.

Again, I might have the last two out of order so check with Amazon, or the author's website, here.

Like I said, although far from great literature the first in the series is a fun read. I haven't as yet read the second.

*****

Please forgive my lack of replies to comments. I will visit with you tomorrow. Now, please excuse me while I pass out.

Stephen








9 comments:

  1. I really need to get me a kindle. I have a Nook which I love and there are many specials on it I have purchased but the Nook seem to have more. Or maybe just more people use it and pass them on. Either way I think I need both.

    Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah I meant the Kindle seems to have more specials...

      Delete
    2. I understand, and agree. When ebooks first hit the market I was extremely weary. Many tried to convince me of the benefits of ownership and I'd balk and disagree and proclaim my allegiance to paper and clothe bindings. I've always held a great love for books and own several thousand. Collected first editions for decades. But then one day it happened. I suppose we'd call it an brain fart, but I thought about how many thousands of books the Kindle can tuck away, keep on file, as it were and all it takes is a simple little battery. Let's pretend, for only a moment, we find ourselves in a true bug out situation. Our tons of paper and clothe bound books don't exactly travel well...and are far from edible. All that knowledge, the research, peaceful entertainment will be left behind. With the Kindle it travels with us. Besides, it makes a visit to the doctors waiting room tolerable.

      Delete
  2. You need to rest and drink more O.J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the first three in paperback.

    Didn't know there was a fourth one out....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I until today. Found his website.

      Delete
  4. I have been wary to pull the trigger on this one. It looked like it had way too many phony positive reviews. I am also a little tired of the mean government internment camp shtick. If people have no food for a couple of days they are going to be screaming to get in. They won't have to force anyone to do anything, just tell them they have the choice to leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russell, for me its just a light read for relaxation and entertainment, mainly because its set in Florida and I recognize much of the story's setting. I also like the gear reviews. The writing isn't the best in world and will never win awards, and I do believe, it closely follows the patterns set in Light's Out, but that might just be me. Anyhow....thanks.

      Delete