Autumn

Autumn

Friday, January 17, 2014

Meat On A Stick

I have a hankering for a tasty well done chuck of meat on a stick. This meat must be self-cooked over an open campfire and I want this chunk of flesh to taste of oak with undertones of winter cold and just a hint of cold river kissed wind.

If the flavor lingers well into the night I'd be well satisfied. An evening of laughter, jokes, friendly back slaps, and if I'm lucky, gunfire by flashlight. Then, coffee and pastry accompanied by the haunting yelps of coyotes.

Has anyone a match...

Stephen



13 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fine idea, sir. Wish I were there to help you set it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome (late February) so make flight reservations quickly....we'll supply the ammo and grub.

      Delete
  2. Too bad you live so far away. I can give 'ya: the oak wood fire, sausages and hotdogs, cold well water, the sound of coyotes yipping, good coffee and apple turnovers. Bring your own ammo. I'm low.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done deal. I love apple turnovers. Ammo isn't a problem.

      Delete
  3. Another great end to a rough week. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not yet, my friend. If I'm lucky next month. Tomorrow is just another work day for me. Take care, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delish. I got stuck with crappy, liquid-cheese nachos. MMmmm, I miss Velveeta...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, OJD....has Velveeta been discontinued?

      Delete
  6. I can give ya all of the above but tonight you would have to take the 16 degree temps with em.

    It does sound good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrapped in wool and with a good fire I can handle the sixteen degree weather. You might as well pack your bag and grab your blanket and ride down and join us. Thanks, my friend.

      Delete
  7. I've got a full box of matches. Just let me know where I need to be...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will post notice of time and location next month. We've yet to set a date, but trust me, it'll happen and you're more than welcome. In the meantime, select those firearms for transport.

    ReplyDelete