Autumn

Autumn

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Well, Perhaps To A Fudd

that Colorado idiots ammunition supply was 'mind boggling' but to a shooter he was nothing more than a slacker, or a Fudd.

Just read the following headline on the Drudge Report:

'mind-boggling' stash of ammunition in killer's lair.



Sure, they're people that believe a twenty or fifty round box of ammunition is sufficient for their lifestyle. Hunters just prior to buck season, that will head to the range and fire three rounds and call it good. Then climb their tree stands, and if they're lucky, get a shot off climb down and yell, "See you next season, Mr. Buck." For a Fudd a twenty round box of thirty-thirty could conceivably last them the rest of their lives.

I believe the news media printed he had six thousand rounds. To a shooter, like me or my friends, six thousand rounds makes you a slacker. I'm sure some liberal weenie just read the last line and has her thong in a bunch, but I don't give a damn. Six thousand rounds says to me you're goofing off. I can hit the range and fire Mr. Fudd's fifty round box in under thirty seconds.

Guess what, I too have purchased from BulkAmmo.com, wonder if this makes me a criminal too. I guess the lib's next target will be to slap bans and regulate access to our on-line ammunition purchases. They'll try at least.

I said, even made a vow, I'd not get into this debate, and here I've made a liar of myself.

The guy's mind is twisted, he's sick. It's not the amount of ammunition you own that makes you a walking zombie with a desire to kill, it's those little voices inside your mind. Seek help.

Stephen

   

28 comments:

  1. I'm a HUGE slacker simply because I lack the disposable income. I wish I could afford to stockpile a measly 6000 rounds but I'm a RESPONSIBLE gun owner, unlike that POS crazy bastard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small bites, my friend. A little brick here, a few hundred there and soon you have a good supply. I'd never suggest good folks break themselves by overspending on ammo...

      Delete
  2. After I heard this on the tv I went and counted my ammo. I came up with the fact that I need more 12 gauge and .45ACP but I'm good on 7.62x39. I don't think 6000 is alot that sounds like duck season to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most folks piss 6k rounds in their sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and restrain myself when it comes to slinging lead downrange but have been known to let go once in a while. Thank you, Rob.

      Delete
    2. I'd hate to be on the wrong side of the man that pisses bullets in his sleep!

      Delete
  4. Well, the rule is 1K per gun, so depends on the number!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess some follow rules. I don't. Thanks, Brock.

      Delete
  5. I had an uncle who was a three shot a year guy. He'd fire once to make sure the gun still worked and the sights weren't off. Yeah, he figured once was enough. Thing is, with the other two shots he'd kill two deer. He was raising 7 kids and didn't see the point in wasting ammo.

    As for myself, 6000 rounds doesn't seem like much of anything either. Unlike my uncle, going to the range and shooting hundreds of rounds at a time is pretty normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many, many years ago I was much like your uncle...fire one then hunt. Except I'd only stop after six or seven deer and at least one elk. Your uncle is a fine man.

      Thanks, my friend.

      Delete
  6. Ammo is money in the bank. This guy was definitely a mental case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts too, Bubba. Tangible assets are the only investment in town now a days. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brother, you are so right. Guns and ammo doesnt kill people, the altered, unstable mind of an idiot who lost it does. We all had a great conversation at the fun show about this, duke said it well, where were the CWL holders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I knew we thought much alike...thanks, my good friend.

      Delete
  9. For what he was planning, it does seem excessive. But it is hard enought to figure out what normal people are planning sometimes, little less a twisted mind like his.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For him, yes, it was excessive...my point being the media buttholes feel its excessive for all of us in the gun culture...which it isn't. I've gone to the range many times and fired five hundred rounds from one handgun. Thanks, Russell.

      Delete
  10. 6 thousand? I have nearly that much in rimfire. What a piker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with me. I can't count the .22. Heck, I just lost nine thousand rounds...thanks, Dean.

      Delete
  11. 5K is my load limit. Once I reach 5K in materials I start pressing rounds and storing. Then I start over again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I count ten grand and think, shucks, I'm low. Thanks, PP.

      Delete
  12. I know I'm a gun noob, but I heard his gun jammed. I think he knew nothing about cleaning and maintaining his weapon, and it seems that he had no intention of going home after the shooting. He seemed like he had no idea what to do other than where to stick the bullets and which end they come out of.
    Further, all the anti-ccl people are on my last nerve. If someone had a ccl and fired back, he might have been killed, but it would have distracted the shooter long enough for many to save themselves. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Wife commented, just after the news hit the wires, that if I had been in house those good people would still be alive. She had a point..I'd of at least tried to save someones life. Thanks, Mudbug...good to see you back in action.

      Delete
  13. I'm amazed at how much ammo I can go through in just a couple hours at the range, and I try to get to the range frequently. I would LOVE to have at least 1,000 rounds stored for each gun that I regularly use, but I haven't finished setting the reload bench up yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just takes time, Bubba. A few years ago, while the prices were still reasonable, I'd order a few thousand rounds every two or three months. The amounts added up quickly. Now, not so much. Prices are crazy high. Thanks, my friend.

      Delete
  14. Like you said, "head shots".

    ReplyDelete