Autumn

Autumn

Thursday, July 11, 2013

What I Hate

You know what I hate?

Okay, I'll tell you. I hate the fact it's me and not you saddled with the job of balancing my accounts and writing these offending checks. My head hurts, my coffee is lukewarm and it's a beautiful warm morning - yet here I sit.

*****

By the way, today is the official 'switch out your carry piece day.'   (um, or what the heck ever you wish to refer to it day.) For the next quarter I shall pack a sweet little nickled Chief's Special. If you need me to explain why a member of the gun culture should swap his or her carry piece on occasion - well, never mind. Please burn your membership cards.

If you haven't as yet read my friend Duke's blog this week you should know he has written two great articles on the philosophy of concealed carry. Give 'em a read.

Now, run along and give your black polymer handgun a rest. Open the safe and remove a dusty queen and give her a place on your belt. As you rush about your day, reach back and give her a tug, present her to that faraway target on the office wall and say, pew, pew, pew.

She'll appreciate it.

Later.

Stephen


16 comments:

  1. Hey little 38, one of my favorites, covered it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice & a useful reminder. I hope your accounting goes a bit more swiftly, and you can enjoy the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Started at 0700 and finished at 1300. Hate it. Thanks, my friend.

      Delete
  3. When you won't need 16 shots and want dependability. Which will be just about 100% of the time. Unless you are looking for trouble, it can almost always be avoided. When it can't be, it will be up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went over to Dukes. Good article. Been thinking about rotating out a couple guns of my own, so this has been good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent...worth the effort. Thanks, my good friend.

      Delete
  5. "Switch out your carry piece" day?

    You just made that up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! (and short, just like me)!
    Try "Quicken" for your bookkeeping - they offer a free trial and it is so easy to use. It even does your bank rec and prints your checks if you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried it...gave me fits. I'll stick with a pen and paper...but thanks, my sweet friend.

      Delete
  7. Stephen, glad to see you are still alive. I'm retired, kids are in a city up North. I'll have to read back and see what you have been up to all this time.

    Harry Flashman (a.k.a. Hermit)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, well, well...welcome back my friend. Nice to hear you're retired and I hope healthy. Tell those nice children of yours I said hello. You blog?

      Delete
  8. Just getting back to doing that though not on the scale of the last go around. http://harryflashmansblog.blogspot.com/

    This time I hope to avoid all the hooting and hollering and people fighting each other with my blog as the battleground.

    Too old for all that these days.

    ReplyDelete