Autumn

Autumn

Friday, July 12, 2013

Unsettled Weather

Our local weather forecasters warn of unsettled weather for North Florida this weekend. Fine with me.

For the last couple of days I've stepped from my front door into warmth filled with birdsong and the scent of salt marsh. As I walk towards my truck squirrel cut pine cones litter our walkway and the cicadas sing at full roar - a gentle entry into an otherwise long hot day.

The storms will arrive, I'm sure, and I will ride out its winds and rain with a cup of coffee and a smug smile all tight and secure within the shell of this vintage building.

Elsewhere in Florida another storm is forecast. Many believe the Zimmerman case will slam shut and riots will place the period to his fifteen minutes of fame.

I doubt it.

Then again human nature is almost impossible to predict. There is the possibility critters will jump and howl and show their collective asses. Some are sure to bust a window or two. It's the truly black souled moon fleas one must always keep in mind.

This morning, in the truck, I took a few extra minutes and pulled my critter getter from its case. I swapped magazines and refreshed the fodder. She's ready for action, should opportunity present a target rich environment.

As I've said, I doubt the storm predictions. Still, I've taken a nice piece of 550 cord and made it ready to accept trophy ears. The line, once filled, should look nice against the background of my black shirt.

We're in for a stormy day, if the forecast is correct.

Should be fun.

Stephen
 


16 comments:

  1. I think most moon fleas won't pick a fight if there is a high probability of getting return fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. They're brave when gathered in a pack, but even then when they notice a few well armed 'good 'ole boys' they scatter like quail.

      Delete
  2. I cleaned my SKS just in case

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad there won't be riots. After the show trial and judicial bias someone down that way should be rioting and dragging that judge out as well.

    If Zimmerman goes to prison so goes every law abiding citizen's right to self defense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your last sentence said it all. Thanks, my friend.

      Delete
  4. Stay safe and dry Stephen! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do dear lady/...and thanks. Enjoyed your post this morning.

      Delete
  5. I have family that have routes in some of the neighborhoods I would be concerned driving through on a normal day, much less when the verdict is read. I know they are getting through those areas as quick as possible, with an eye on the news for early next week. If Al Sharpton decides to hijack the media again this time, there's no telling the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've told my wife I will drive to her...she'd panic. Thanks, Izzy.

      Delete
  6. IF there's a response to a not-guilty verdict for Zimmerman here, I'm prepared to defend myself - but I don't think the folks here will be that concerned about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely doubt you'll have problems...if so, call. Thanks, my good friend.

      Delete
  7. Funny, isn't it, that there's no preparation for a riot if Zimmerman IS convicted, despite a fair number of folks thinking he should walk. I wonder why that is? Yeah, I know. I'm raaaaaaacist! Well, not really. Just tired of the race baiters and their followers making Reconstruction era predictions come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I bet we'll have little fanfare. Thanks, my friend.

      Delete