Autumn

Autumn

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Have You Seen

My old soup thermos I asked Sweet Wife when I arrived home.

"No," she answered.

For some odd reason, today, I had a hankering for soup. During business hours I seldom if ever leave the shop which makes it very difficult for me to satisfy my cravings for certain food groups. Hence, I pack a lunch. Today, I wanted soup. This soup monkey rode my back for hours.

Then I remembered I had an old Aladdin soup thermos somewhere at home. I haven't used it in over thirty years (More like forty, truth be known.) and had long forgotten its hiding place.

I'm still on the hunt.

Really, no kidding, have you seen it?

Stephen

11 comments:

  1. It may be quietly waiting in the back of a high cabinet.....mine is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Jane...you found it. It was indeed in hiding inside a high cabinet above my oven behind several other lost items. I haven't touched it in decades. My old friend, as I write, is at rest upon my desk filled with bean soup. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Ya gotta love soup! I get those same cravings and nothing gets rid of them other than going to get some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cravings can drive one nuts...thanks, my good friend.

      Delete
  3. Here's it's twin if you don't find it! On Ebay.
    Item number:300875950514
    I considered buying it & mailing it to you, but with my luck yours would appear & it would be redundant. :-)
    Hang in there. "All is for the best in this best of all possible worlds" Voltaire (loosely translated)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muddy, you read my mind. I went on Ebay and grabbed the first nice older thermos soup container I saw...a buy it now item. It's marked as shipped. Thank you for thinking about me. You're a fine fella...

      Delete
  4. Good idea Stephen! It's cloudy and damp here - a perfect day for soup. Should I make turkey, pea, veggie, potato or chicken?

    Phyllis (N/W Jersey)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We so think alike...thanks, my sweet friend.

      Delete
  5. Maybe it's hiding with my stainless steel wide mouth tha's also gone missing. My wife wonders why I have a couple backups, and soup craving day is a good reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During the hunt I found three lost thermos containers...who knew...thanks, my friend.

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear you found your thermos. Used mine all the time when I worked.

    ReplyDelete