Autumn

Autumn

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Stuff In The Truck

When I arrived home this evening I backed my truck into the drive and removed all the clutter from its interior. Tomorrow morning my mechanic will drop by the shop and drive it away for a few minor repairs. In preparation for his arrival I had much to remove.

So, out came three hand guns, two rifles, several full ammo cans of .45, .40, 9 mm ammunition, a case of frag grenades, two rocket launchers and six anti-personnel mines. Six or seven different brands and types of knives, my get-home bag and more hats than I could count.

I then searched under the back seat and grabbed my tool bag and two bottle jacks. I left the bottled water, the jerked boars head and its now yellowed tusk. I locked my flashlight in the console along with my winter gloves. The spare tent and rain gear went into the garage too. Thieves love tents and rain jackets. I then remembered the ax and my Hi-Lift jack. I like and trust my mechanic, but why place temptation before him.

While digging among the debris I found an old bag of Little Bit's candy...trash can. I'll keep the three 1911 magazines I pinched from Duke's range bag....he'll never miss them.

My truck should ride six inches higher tomorrow morning, and for sure, I'll feel naked as I drive to the shop.

Okay, I lied. I only have four grenades, and one rocket launcher. Sheesh, some people just can't take a joke.




Stephen






14 comments:

  1. Son of a b!%$#, I knew you had some of my mags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What mags? Huh....oh, those were Steve's, my mistake.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Warlock, my old friend...nice to see you again.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a war wagon! I bet you get 2 extra miles a gallon now without the extra weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point since gas rose ten cents a gallon today...I'll remove the thirty cal mount tomorrow morning and that should bump my gas mileage up a bit.

      Delete
  4. What, no crossbow??? No Axes??? :-P IF you run across a spare mag for a Colt Commander, I'll take it... I'm one short! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did list the ax, second to last paragraph...never did get into archery...I like the smell of gunpowder. Thanks, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What garage, I need to see if there's anything else in that truck you forgot to unload and may have pinched from someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fella has to keep a few secrets, Sandy...whisper, Duke might hear.

      Delete
  7. You had me at "truck". Then the drool started flowing at "grenades". Then you had to ruin a perfect romance by owning up.

    But I bet finding little bit's candy broke your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, didn't want to lie about a case of grenades when I only had a few...used the rest to fish out a creek. Yes, wasn't joking about the little bag of candy. Broke my heart when I threw it in the trash. Thanks, Joy.

      Delete
  8. That reminds me, I've got a few things to remove out of the van today . . .

    That's the problem with traveling through some crazy states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, especially when moving from north to south...all those crazy northeastern 'we don't like guns' states. Thanks, my friend.

      Delete