Autumn

Autumn

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Embarrassed

I stepped from the shower this morning and felt good. After a quick shave and slap of smelly stuff I dressed quickly and walked out to the kitchen. Sweet Wife had lunch bags ready. She turned to greet me with a big smile plastered on her face. Then she began to laugh.

"What's so funny?"

She placed a hand over her mouth, and I swear, was red in the face. After a few seconds she regained her composure but continued to giggle.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing. Are you ready for work?"

"Yes."


"Are you sure? Haven't forgotten anything, have you."

My satchel is where I'd placed it the night before and I see my carry piece and spare mags are on the counter. My boots stand in the laundry room where I'd left them and my hat and cover shirt are in place, ready. I was fairly certain I could hit the street and boogie as soon as my boots were laced and had the truck keys in hand.

Again, she doubles over in laughter. I can't help but smile, after all, I'd had a full nights sleep; the first in days and I felt good. Why in the world was she laughing at me.

Screw it, I thought, and turned and gathered my boots ready to stitch the laces. Back in the kitchen screams of laughter continued. Enough.

I walk back and stand like a chastised child and in my most sincere voice plead, "Please, Honey, why are you laughing at me?"

Between snorts, she walks over and gives me a sweet gentle kiss and said,

"Sweetheart, perhaps you should put on your pants."

Stephen 

44 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ah, no...I'm young. Just asleep at the switch. It happens.

      Delete
  2. Obviously a woman who loves you greatly . . . . after all . . . . . she told ya you were missin' your pants . . . . :)

    Enjoy your day sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure glad she did too. I'd of probably walked right out the, boots only.

      Delete
  3. OMG! That is hillarious! Aren't you glad the Mrs. loves you enough to tell you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed. She's a sweetheart. Thanks, Sweet Lady.

      Delete
  4. That's funny! At least she loves you enough to let you know before you feel a draft in the nether regions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does take care of me...thanks, my friend.

      Delete
  5. You have made it, you are now a Senior citizen! Congrats buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I understand. I can't be first guy that has walked out the door in his skivvies.

      Delete
  7. Nobody told me it was pantless Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn....Thats rough...

    But wait ... seems someone else done thataway has an issue with pants.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, if you lived in a colder climate you would have noticed that you were missing something - really quickly. So glad that sweet wife's got your back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We will take up a collection for you, if you'll actually go out like that for say.... a normal business day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephen,

    I guess a good night sleep will cause you to have a brain fart when it comes to putting on pants to go to work in the morning?

    Blame it on too much sleep!!!

    I so adore your Sweet Wife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I write, Sweet Wife is in her car on her way to Bible study...she told me she's too ashamed to be seen in public with me after this mornings little glitch...thanks, Dear Sandy.

      Delete
  12. We want pics! We want pics! We want pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna happen. I'm so darn good looking Duke walks three paces behind when we're out and about...

      Delete
  13. I wasn't going to say anything but you didn't have any on yesterday either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dadgumit...I didn't think you noticed. Hey, at least I don't wear Spongebob Squarepants underwear...

      Delete
  14. That sounds very familiar - pre coffee semi-conscious state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's right...I'll use it. Thanks, Badger.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. You too, huh. It's okay, Flier, happens to all of us.

      Delete
  16. Well, it sounds like you gave your sweet wife a nice start to her day:) So, did you go put your pants on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, pants on, and she's still laughing. Dammit.

      Delete
  17. I don't EVEN want to know where you would have put the gun and magazines if she hadn't pointed out the fashion glitch :)

    I've never gotten that far pantsless, but its not outside the realm of possibility. I get dressed in the dark so I don't wake Mrs. Paladin up and there are many times that I've put my long underwear on backwards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my shame. I'll never live this down when I gather with the group this weekend....I might need to shoot someone.

      Delete
  18. Great post and great comments. I so needed this bit of laughter. Thanks!

    Blessings,
    Red

    Hahahahahahhahah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even at my expense...you are most welcome, Dear Lady.

      Delete
  19. I am not going to laugh. I have reached that age myself where I'm having a tough time deciding what day it is!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey. I'm giving you a pass, Stephen. We've got a lot on our minds . . we're distracted! I tried to use Chapstick for deodorant last week. And did I ever mention the time I walked into the reception of a wedding with 3 feet of toilet paper sweeping behind me . . caught in my elastic skirt band . .

    Oh. Never mind . . . . . :-D

    ReplyDelete