Autumn

Autumn

Friday, May 18, 2012

Bits & Pieces

Isn't sleep medication wonderful. I really burned a few z's last night. I've had my morning ration of coffee and I'm ready to kick butt.

This afternoon will be busy. I need to shop for a few items in anticipation of our long drive tomorrow. Water for sure. Can't decide between one of my AR's or the Critter Getter for onboard zombie defense. The Critter Getter, as a fold-up weapon, makes a smaller package so I'm leaning in its direction. Of course I keep two get home bags in the wife's car. Gotta kick the tires and light the fires. Tomorrow will be a long day.


I'd like to bring to your attention to one of my long time blog reads. I'm not certain when I began to read Ben's blog but it's been a while for sure. He's a good 'ole boy with a simple down to earth style of writing. He makes me smile. Amble on over and say hello for me.

Remember, Texans are people too.

For those of you that haven't as yet discovered my friend Sixbears and want to know how to convert a diesel to utilize waste cooking oil, or how to sail a boat beyond the horizons of your life, swing your tiller in his direction. He's a fine man. A retired fire fighter and book lover and I'm proud to call him my friend.


He won't bite, really.

I'm telling 'ya, it's quiet here. Thank the Good Lord for books. I'll read, set the book aside and walk outside the shop and search for lost pennies. I save them for Little Bit's silver jar. Told you about that a few days ago. Anyhow, then its back inside and back to the book. I've tried real hard of late to read all your blogs, and made an attempt to leave comments.

I'm bored out of my mind. I do need a vacation. Always wanted to take a vacation. I hear of others speak of vacations. I think I took one back around 1983, or so. When someone tells you to go into business for yourself - don't listen to them. Yes, self-employment gives you some independence and you will be your own boss, and yes it's a wonderful way to have control over your life but take it from me - you will work. You will have the biggest butthole for a boss as you've ever met - yourself. You will be married to your business. Then again, I believe self-employment will be the saving grace of many in this country when you consider the current events of this world.

Vacations are for slackers.

Well that was a nice break in my morning routine....my best friend, Duke, just dropped by for a cup of coffee and a chat. We talked for nearly an hour. He always makes me smile. If by some weird chance you haven't read his blog, please click and visit. He's a nice man with a huge heart.



Hey, gotta run.

Take care out there, until later.

Stephen

15 comments:

  1. Stay safe on your journey. I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bubba. I hope it goes well too. It will be a very long day.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe journey, and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip, listen to your body if you need a break - geezz, sound like an old man talkin' . . . oh, wait . . . . :)

    Amen on owning your own business - will hit 30 years next month - how the hell did that happen!?!?!?!? More hours, more work, more pain than I can describe - and yet, when I needed time to care for a sick wife, when I wanted to go to games and plays and musicals and school programs for the kids, I could. Honestly, wouldn't trade the years for anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too, thirty years. Seems as if I've always had a small business, even when I was in the service. Like you it's helped with all those children programs and baby sitting duties. Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks, my good friend.

      Delete
  5. When do you think that you and Sweet Wife will be able to see L.B. after her mom is in JAX??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rob, Monday, if all goes according to plan. We plan to keep her awhile too. Thanks, Bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phyllis (N/W Jersey)May 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM

    Don't forget to take a couple of breaks and stretch those legs. Bring a thermos of coffee, too. Hubby hated it when I bought out the 'Big Green Thermos' - he knew we would have make pit stops. He, like you, wanted to keep driving until we got to where we were going. Have a safe trip Steven and Sweet Wife, all will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably take two of my 'big green thermos' of coffee,' Phyllis. Pit stops shouldn't be a problem as I'll have Sweet Wife riding shotgun. Thanks, my lovely friend.

      Delete
  8. i'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow Stephen. i will pray that your drive is only a long one, and without any distractions or obstructions.

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sweet Kymber. We need all the prayers we can get. The next few days are critical. Thanks.

      Delete
  9. Stephen,
    Drive carefully and take breaks. Remember soon you will see LB and make those special taco's she likes.
    I know you worry and God will be watching over LB.
    Be safe, your friend Sandy

    P.S. Like the gun!!

    ReplyDelete