Autumn

Autumn

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Little Sebastian

For those that asked....

Stephen,
There will always be gun shows. Beside you probably own or know of every thing under the sun related to guns. But our little ones will not always be little, nor will they always be around. I am hanging on tightly today to mine. Sebastian died Friday afternoon at almost 30 weeks. My daughter delivered him, without pain meds, while on pitocin to speed up the sad event, Saturday morning at 3:11 am after almost 12 hours of active hard labor. Two stillbirths and 13 miscarriages, my heart aches for my daughter and her husband. My arms ache for the curve of a sweet little body to rock, hold, and caress. Perhaps the most devastating moment of all was when four year old Natalie was told. She burst into tears, crying, begging that she did not want Sebastian to go to Heaven, she wanted to hold him and kiss him.Her cries continue to devastate all of us. I will be eternally grateful for all the prayers that went up to Heaven for his little life. He has impacted so many despite his very short life. Stay with the babies.Today, every day possible. Nothing else is more important.
Love,
Beth - Mammaw B

Stephen

12 comments:

  1. Dear Beth and family,
    It is heart breaking to know that Sabastian has been called to the Father. Those of us that have been interceeding for all of you please know that we will continue to do so.
    Surely the Father has magnificent work for Sabastian to do and I know when you are reunited that you will be amazed. Soon, very soon we shall go to see our King! With love,Kate in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyllis (N/W Jersey)March 18, 2012 at 6:52 PM

    So sad...May God wrap his arms around the entire family and bless them and Little Sebastian. Mammaw is right, nothing is more important than a child. Cherish them always. My heart is breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so sad to have such a short life. My prayers go out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mammaw - i wrote this on Stephen's last post but wanted to be sure to share it here as well:

    oh Mammaw - i am so sorry to hear this. i am sorry for you, Sebastian's mother and father, your family and especially for little Natalie. perhaps our prayers helped him make it to 30 weeks. perhaps Our Lord wanted him sooner but heard our prayers. you all will stay in our prayers. my deepest condolences to you all.

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  5. My prayers go out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers are still with you all. Our eldest was very aware of our last loss and struggled with it so much. Their pain in so many ways can amplify our own, especially Mama. A place that got me through was a website called Faces of loss, Faces of hope. It is women sharing their own struggles and finding comfort in each other. It is also those who love those women finding ways to support them and all around them. I know how much it can feel like comfort is so far away. Know that none of you are alone and that sweet Sebastian is surrounded by other angels and doing heavenly work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My condolences - to Mammaw B and family.

    My sincere condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On behalf of Beth - thank you all very much for the kind comments and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Stephen for being my voice and sharing Sebastian's life. Thank you everyone for all the prayers, love and support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the least I could do and you're very welcome, Mammaw. I only wish I had the power to return your precious child.

      Delete
  10. My condolences. I am so sorry for this familie's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart is hurting so badly. It was almost unbearable to read about Natalie having to hear that. I cannot imagine the pain you are going through. All of our love and many prayers.

    ReplyDelete