Autumn

Autumn

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

How's The Weather

It's friggin hot here....

How 'ya doin.' I know, I know - been a while hasn't it. Thought I'd take a vacation from computers for a few months and all I get is grief.

We're fine. Busy, but fine. She twinkles, as normal....is very active in her church, and knock wood, healthy. I'm here at the shop keen on growth after the awful bitch slap this country has suffered at the liberals hand.

Otherwise, life is one huge bore. With afternoon temps in the high nineties and 'feel like' ranges over one hundred degrees I figure the darn grass can just go grow itself and leave me the heck alone. One day I just fired the John Deere and engaged the blade and told the sucker to roam at will.

Neighbor didn't think it funny when the mower crossed the street tracked down his poodle....

All my friends have abandoned me. My best buddy, Duke, as many of you are aware, bought a horse barn and decided to spend the summer shoveling poop. Didn't even ask my permission. Senior runs between here and his farm in the Carolinas, not sure which, its either one with a North or South attached, but anyway I understand he's enrolled in a tractor driving course. Little red cones and all...

One shooting buddy and his wife purchased a new home and is busy in the retrieval of all his buried loot....those darn tubes tend to shift and drift after twenty years underground. I'll wait until he's long packed and gone and then sneak over for that fine old surplus piece under the rose.

ShooterSteve found a job with night hours....he's happy as the employers asked him to wear a uniform and pack a firearm. Between us I think he pretends its some kind of swat job. Yes, his bullet is in his pocket.

 
My friend Rebel is just Rebel....he spends his days reliving Woodstock.

 I really miss my friends. Soon as this heat wave turns to cooler days and nights I'd like to once again gather the bunch and take 'em out for some serious range time.

Until then I just hope they don't hurt themselves...

Stephen
  

42 comments:

  1. Life ebbs and flows. Glad to hear all is well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irish, ole buddy, you're one in a million. Missed you too, and thank you.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sweetheart. Back to the old grindstone.

      Delete
  3. If it makes you feel any better its been mid 50's every morning here in Minnisnowda. LOL. Glad your around, missed your wisdom, Harry, PP, and Kymber have done a good job during your vacation, but its not the same. Very happy to hear you and the Mrs are in good health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shucks, Rob, if the temps fall below eighty here we jump with joy...enjoy it, and thank you.

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, there you are! Glad all is well - missed you terribly.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed you too, Sweet Lady...is that fried chicken I smell....?

      Delete
  5. Glad to see ya back and to know all is well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Pretty Girl....you make my day. Thanks, my sweet friend.

      Delete
  6. Hello. Nice to see you again. I have looked for you every day. Glad all is well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you again, too. I missed you, my lovely friend. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. Hey, buddy, good to "see" you again. I understand about the missing friends bit. Most of my friends are down in the midwest, some 3,500 miles from me. Dang it.

    Glad all y'all are okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are aware you've friends located here in the deep south, don't 'ya....

      I check the weather in your neck of the woods, daily, and think of you. Thanks, my good friend.

      Delete
  8. Welcome back my friend. It's been in the 70s here in NH. Perfect weather to build a boat, or to do other less important projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to be back, Sixbears, my old friend. Now, it isn't necessary to brag about your wonderful weather....as I type this it's possible to fry an egg on the sidewalk....dammit.

      Delete
  9. Welcome back... Summer is an 'interesting' time... And things are a changin... Good luck with the rose bush! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, me and rose bush have a date....thanks, my friend.

      Delete
  10. Glad to hear from you again. I've been meaning to stop by ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee is always hot....ring first...gives me time to scoot all my girlfriends out the back door.

      Delete
    2. Never! I'll catch you at your best....

      Delete
  11. So good to see you back and ornery as ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stephen,

    Good to hear you and SW are doing well. Yes, this weather has been warm however, the last couple of days we've had all kinds of rain and the temperatures have dropped to the 60's through mid morning and low 80's in the afternoon.

    So did the poodle get a hair cut, lol.......

    Hugs to you both,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're hanging in there, as the kids say....thanks, my lovely friend.

      Delete
  13. Glad you are back and glad you are both doing well. Cheer up Fall is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, but first we have August and September blocking our way....thanks, my good friend.

      Delete
  14. Glad to see you back, Stephen. You were missed.

    Blessings to you and sweet wife!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poodle eating lawn mowers? Now that's a post with pictures you should have done. Damnit Man, next time take a break from your break and post such things. I thought you liked us at least that much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, I do...but, life is hectic. I'm poor and need to work long hours. Remember, I've Obama phones to purchase for those less fortunate than I.

      Delete
  16. I like the poodle haircut story. I took time away also. Just didn't feel like I had anything to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello, John....nice to see you again. Thanks, and it's nice you're writing again...I'll be over in a minute.

      Delete
  17. Good to see you are back. I drop in almost every day to check. Happy to see something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jay....tell me about yourself and stick around....really, it's nice to have you as a friend.

      Delete
  18. Your friends have left but your blog buddies are still here in legions. Great to have you gracing the bandwidth again! And for future reference, feel free to take all the time you may require and don't worry about the ones that give you grief, life is too damn short for that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're not abandoned. In fact, your posts have been sorely missed. I was glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been able to sleep with the windows open every night so far. PERFECT summer. Glad to see you OK.

    ReplyDelete