Autumn

Autumn

Friday, February 14, 2014

Our Little Friend

Thirty minutes ago came a soft knock on our front door. I flipped on the entry light to find this little beanpole of sweetness, Valentine gifts in hand.

Please, may I introduce, Arianan. She holds a strong love and attraction to Sweet Wife. She and her grandmother attend the same church. Arianan is eight, and a bundle of fun. Her visit tonight took us by surprise and she caught both of us in our pajamas...


She also knows the whereabouts of all Little Bit's toys, dolls, and stuffed animals. Whenever she visits she makes a direct beeline to Little Bit's bedroom. I'm sure Little Bit would understand.

Above she sits and plays alongside her 'Aunty's' chair.

It's nice to have a child about the house. I think we'll keep her.

Stephen

6 comments:

  1. What a cutie-pie smile! Glad you had a nice visit and I bet she didn't even notice your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I was dressed in sweats and hoody. She and her grandmother rode the bus to our street and walked. Sweet Wife will drive them home. She, SW, was in pj's. Cute.

      Delete
  2. Well gratz on your pleasantly surprising Valentine evening visitations... I missed a bunch o comas there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having children randomly visit... you see everything in a new way. I'm always sharing homegrown produce and berries with children.

    Two days ago my niece and nephew (4 and 2) helped me plant a bed of potatoes. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Ariana (spelled her name wrong in the text) is special. Her family hails from Trinidad. She's biracial. Her Dad is a Marine currently engaged in Afghanistan. Sadly I seldom get long visits with her but it is nice when the chance presents itself. Since I have a hole in my life Ariana helps feel it. Thanks, my good friend.

      Delete