Autumn

Autumn

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Maybe Tomorrow

My old Italian friend dropped by the shop this week and left me several nice persimmons. I brought them home and thought I'd like to use them for more than a snack. Think I'll dig around and find a good persimmon bread recipe. Maybe tomorrow, because tonight I'm whupped.

Today, the both of  us scrubbed our travel trailer. For our trouble the labor asked payment in the form of sore muscles. Went to fire the pressure washer, and as is my luck, the pump failed to function. Said the heck with it and grabbed the buckets and sponges. The ole girl shines.

After I post this drivel I will make an earnest effort to answer all your kind comments. Thank you for your patience.

Don't forget...tonight The Walking Dead premieres at 2100 eastern.

Take care, my friends.

Stephen
 

 

8 comments:

  1. Our pressure washer gave up the ghost halfway through the job today too. I'm watching the last two episodes of TWD right before the new one tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're watching too. This is my third pressure washer in ten years. This one has a nice Honda engine, German built machine...guess it's something simple...but repair cost are out of this world. Thanks, Joy.

      Delete
  2. None of the persimmons looks ready to eat yet. Anything less than totally ripe (fully orange and slightly soft to touch) and they're waaay too astringent to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way back when I had a persimmon tree in my backyard. I'd always invite invaders (usually in-laws) to pick and eat. Thanks, Bob.

      Delete
  3. We are watching the W.D. too. missed all of last season. Oh well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed much of it too...remember the fight between the network and Dish...yeah, that. Anyway, I used Netflix and watched all of season three in between work. Thanks, Rob.

      Delete
  4. I know washing the trailer is a pain (used to help my folks wash theirs), but it sure does look nice when it's all shiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed...it sure 'purty.' Now we face the inside. Get it all tidy and pack out the loose stuff. I think we'll sell it. Hey, just for you and today and today only, ten percent off.

      Delete