Autumn

Autumn

Friday, January 13, 2012

It's The Little Things

Our weather has turned cool with a fairly stiff breeze. Nice.

On our ride to school this morning, Little Bit, all happy and filled with song, said, "Papa."

"What, Sweetheart?"

"I want you to promise me something." Uh-oh...

"Honey, it's hard for Papa to make a promise when I've yet to hear what you want me to promise."

She thinks about it for a moment or two. A few cars zoom pass. I count my usual morning flight of geese, 6, then she turns back to me and, "Papa, really, I promise to give you the biggest wet kisses, and I promise to hug you all hard as possible, and really, Papa, I won't forget to wave goodbye this morning if you'll only buy me a Caramel Hot Chocolate this morning at McDonald's."


I did as requested. She fulfilled her promises too.



I mean, whom among us could refuse big wet kisses from their grandchild....

Stephen

10 comments:

  1. Odysseus, and I'm weak to her bribes...what can I say. Thanks.

    HH, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she's got you figured out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Larry, without a doubt...and she'll always have me wrapped tightly.

      Delete
  3. Who could resist?! My teeny tot is especially cuddly today and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's impossible for me to resist her. I bet you are loving the cuddle time. Thank you, Sweet Lady.

      Delete
  4. It surely beats the last conversation you posted about.... hopefully she's not still fixated on that other stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt, it comes and goes with her. I believe she listens to adults too much during her evening hours. Then she'll wait and ask me for clarification. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's got the lock alright. I couldn't imagine even trying to resist that.

    ReplyDelete