Autumn

Autumn

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Pleasure

It was recently my pleasure to assist a fella with his computer. He asked why the wife's printer failed when they'd instructed the desk top to spit a few pages from the internet.

"Simple," I said, "Load your floppy disc."

"Our what?"

"Your nine inch floppy. Isn't there a slot on the computer for your floppy?"

Him, "Oh yeah."  He plays golf, wears his sweaters wrapped over his shoulders with the arms crossed over his chest...that kind of fella.

He walked away all smiles.

I'm using the Bloomberg method of attaining heavenly glory....

Stephen


10 comments:

  1. You, my friend, have a wicked sense of humor. I'm pretty sure that your wings are waiting for you, stacked in the same rack right along side Bloomberg's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame on you! Being a golfer and no doubt wearing plaid pants, his floppy disc is probably no more than five inches. A nine inch floppy disc is a myth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen a floppy disk in ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I try hard enough I bet I can find a floppy disk or two from 6th grade math.

      Delete
  4. You should have told him he needed a Dr for his floppy disk. Evil Grin. I have never owned a computer with a floppy disk. My first computer was used and given to us back in 2001.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That old dual-floppy system you pictured here is the same model I started on. Next was an IBM XT running at 1 Mhz. Then came the "turbo" model that rocketed at 2 Mhz.

    But your "help" for the golfer ... ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROTF... You got him, now the question will be did he even realize it???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I figured out floppy discs are easier to insert if you fold them in half, they are more rigid that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pretty sure you were bound for heavenly glory anyway !

    ReplyDelete