Autumn

Autumn

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bits & Pieces

It will be a hot day in the River City. With the rain we've received the last three days, humid too. Our temps are expected to be well into the nineties. I miss Winter.

I've fallen in love my Para P-12. Yesterday I hit the internet and ordered two extra ten round magazines. After a good bath my little girl sparkles. She's fairly easy to field strip. Those folks in the frozen north of Canada are indeed some fine engineers. Every few months I like to switch out my carry piece. Boredom, I suppose.


Early next week we have an appointment with our new, yes new, attorney. I shall place a bundle of cash upon her desk and hope for the best. We are optimistic. The state gave our son's wife, Little Bit's step-mother, a drug test. The state is very tight with information and will only say they found evidence of drug abuse, pain medication. Further explained we should have our attorney contact them and the state will 'help' in our case.

I've tried, as is evident in my post, not to write of my pain over the fact I haven't seen my Heart in over four weeks. All communication with my son has been severed, on his end, which leaves me in the dark as to her condition and mindset. I'm completely unaware if she is being mistreated or the condition of her health. Sweet Wife was able to speak and see her for a few moments at Little Bit's school. She said Little Bit had lost weight and appeared scared and confused.

Trust me when I state it takes all my will power not to drive over to my son's home and not kick down the door. Surely God must have a plan....

I miss her.

(Little Bit, if you read these words in the near future, please understand I love and miss you and am doing all possible to return your life back to normal. Please forgive us.)


Our new attorney is an expert in the field of child visitation and custody. I'm told she is quite the Barracuda in court too. She'd better be, she's darn sure expensive.

Oh, before I forget. Our family attorney was the man that put the bug in my ear concerning Grandparents Visitation. Five seconds into my conversation with our new lawyer, she said, "Sir, I hate to break the news to you but the state of Florida ruled, in 1998, that Grandparent Visitation Rights were unconstitutional."

I fired our attorney and have asked him to return my retainer. Haven't heard a word back from him. Sigh....

Enough.


Ah, coffee. Last night we had another hard thunderstorm.  At midnight I witnessed it from my front porch. Beautiful light display.

Ernest Hemingway once wrote he'd seen every sunrise in his life. When I first read those words they gave me pause. It's taken me five decades to truly understand, and I don't drink....

At 0300 I flipped on my short wave and listened to the world. Here, in Florida, the airwaves are cluttered with Cuban and Mexican programming. If one is careful and fine tunes it is possible, with good skip and luck, to tune in European broadcast signals. It keeps a person's mind busy, and I find it peaceful, too.

Yesterday, when the afternoon business slowed, I came back to the office and hit Netflix and pulled up all the Jesse Stone made for television movies. I like Tom Selleck. He's a gunny. Are you aware he owns and lives on a working avocado farm....or at least that's what I'm told.  Anyway, I enjoy his handgun and rifle techniques on the show. What I really enjoy is Jeff Beal's music. It's haunting.

Great waste of a couple of hours. Give it a try.


Other than this series I find mainstream networks a waste of time.

I need to cook. Thoughts of seafood flutter about my thoughts. Maybe dirty rice, or perhaps a big mess of Cajun Pilaf. Not sure, but I bet it happens soon.


I've also promised Little Bit's mother I'd make her my world famous Sausage Garvey and Biscuits, next Sunday morning. (I need to give Little Bit's mother a name for blog purposes. Any thoughts?)

Even thought Little Bit's mother is one of those North Carolina Yankees and I'm sure my spicy concoction will render her helpless for hours she might just enjoy the flavors. We'll see.


Hey, I need to get to work.

Later.

Stephen

43 comments:

  1. Big(ger) Bit? BM?

    Glad that you were safe through the storm that swept your way recently - seems it happened when we were on the farm and I was unable to comment.

    With regards your son's behaviour - I have no idea what prompted him to take this course of action, but he must surely realize the effect on LB. Is LB allowed to see her BM? Crazy - what parents do to their children - either knowingly or unknowingly. Stephen, I would just focus on the reunion with LB - whenever that is going to be. Don't dwell on the negative - you'll only strengthen it.

    God gives us pain and tribulation in order to produce perseverance (endurance). Endurance provides character and character provides hope. Just believe. For LB's sake if for nothing else...

    Take care - you and SW and BM.

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dani, thanks, we survived the storm. Messy yard to clean this weekend, but otherwise we're fine.
      My son's wife is to blame for his childish behavior, plain and simple. We reap what we sow. Thanks, my lovely friend.

      Delete
  2. Our house is praying that God's will and your will are the same. No idea on a pseudonym for Little Bits Mom...other than Bit...seems appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K, thank you so very much for your prayers. It's been awful hard around my home the few weeks. I'm thinking Mamma Bit. We'll see.

      Delete
  3. We pray for your success with the new attorney. It is so hard to have something that you think so much of to be just out of grasp. Your words are very touching, and I hope that at some point she can read them. Chin up my friend. The day is darkest just before the dawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunrise seems to take forever while in wait for the light.

      Thanks, John, my good friend.

      Delete
  4. Humidity is definitely up. .Need more rain! You are the strongest person I have ever known, having gone thru all of this. Your health and your heart! Never give up, Little Bit knows you all love her very much. Step- mother --may have sealed her own fate! If son thinks about it, it will benefit his other child as well to keep all communications open. If he is mad, he can just get glad! Little Bit is spending more time with her Loving Mother. That has to help her a lot right now. Praying it won't be long you all are re-united!. .In My Prayers. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sis. I once told the step-mother I can either be your best friend or worse enemy. She didn't believe me...

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sis. I once told the step-mother I could either be her best friend or her most hated enemy...she didn't believe me.

      Delete
  5. I will pray that you get to see Little Bit soon, and that she is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoughts and prayers for you and Little Bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difficult time for you. My heart goes out to you and yours. It is only in the past 10 months that my oldest daughter and I mended a too-long separation. All the time we were distant, it broke my heart. Now, by the Grace of God, my daughter lives right next door with my little almost eight months old grand-daughter. Time has ways to mend wounds. I'll keep you in my prayers that it be resolved amiacably and swiftly. Bless your Heart, my Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mazie, thank you very much..it is sad. God bless.

      Delete
  8. I mortgaged the house to get a good lawyer for my daughter. Worth every penny. You get the justice you can afford.


    To this day I avoid the ex son-in-law as I have to take control of myself with both hands a foot not to kill him. Would not do my grandkid any good.

    NH does have grandparent rights, even when parents object.

    The court system is flawed and horrible. The way family problems are treated is a crime in itself. Still, you have to go through with it.

    This too shall pass. While time won't make the hurt ever go completely away, it can take the edge off.

    Good luck and know we are pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend I know how you feel. I've wanted to drive over kick that door down so bad I had to call my wife and ask her to talk me out of a bad decision. It would only make the situation worse, and I'd be in jail. Thanks, my good friend.

      Delete
  9. Which is why we moved from Indiana to Florida: My husband, after fully supporting his daughter and son-in-law, paying their mortgage, replacing wrecked cars, asked if they would, for once, just call to say "I love you" without asking for money.

    We never heard from them again and they refused us any and all contact with the two grandchildren unless we resumed paying their way in life. But by then, we were more broke than THEY were.

    After ten years of having the grandchildren withheld for no less than ransom, we had to get out of the war zone.

    Now, the children are older and eager to see their grandparents. With no legal way to change the parent's wishes, we've had to wait.....I believe the wait will soon be over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, my sweet friend. The love of a grandparent for their grandchildren is unequaled. I'm so sorry you've had to wait this long. In all honesty, it would kill me. Thanks, LJ.

      Delete
  10. dear sweet one - your Bit is never far from my thoughts. and i always anxiously click on your new posts for an update of you being able to see her. i am so sorry that you are going through this - i know it tears out your heart. i am sorry that she is going through this as well - it must be so scary and confusing for her. but she is a child and children have the most resilience of anything on the planet! she IS going to be ok although it is awful that she has to go through this. you will get your heart back soon, dear friend.

    you and Sweet Wife and LB are always in our prayers. your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, both, very much...I need to quit thinking about her. I know it comes across as terrible but it's tearing my heart out....

      Delete
  11. I'll keep you in my thoughts sir, I am confident He will insure the best will happen for LB, as well as you and your family. A day at a time, a day at a time . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wait. His will be done. Thank you, my friend.

      Delete
  12. If your son is acting so strangely, why has the state not given him a drug test too? It seems a bit odd to test the stepmother and not the father. Usually when the government meddles, they go whole hog, but then most of the things government agencies do - do not make much sense. Still, there could be a solid legal reason for removing both of your grandchildren from that home.

    Continued prayers that all will work out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. S., I just don't know if they have or haven't. The state is very tight lipped and claim confidentiality when asked questions. We knew, could not prove, his wife had a problem. I'm sure he doesn't use drugs. He too much of a health freak. Thanks, my dear.

      Delete
  13. I too have been thinking about you, SW & LB. Wanting to know an update, not wanting to upset. Can you sue for custody based on stress (mental and physical) on LB??

    You can drop me a email if you need to vent, address on my page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sad and heartbreaking to read - especially the part about Little Bit looking scared and confused and has lost weight. That poor little girl. It disgusts me to no end what some "adults" will do to have their way even at the expense of a child. Your daughter in law sure sounds like a winner. I wondered too why they didn't drug test your son.

    My ex husband is a total moron and for almost 12 years saw her twice a year even though he only lived 2 hours away. He thinks he should win father of the year because he bought her gifts when he decided to show up. Oh yes and he left the country for a year so as not to pay child support. My wonderful husband has raised her since she was 4 and she asked us if she could call him daddy. Of course we said yes with tears in our eyes.

    I just know God has a plan for Little Bit. Even with all the crap my ex husband put my daughter through at a young age she has grown into a lovely, smart, reliable young woman (at age 16) all because of the strong family my husband and I were able to create for her. Little Bit has that too - she just has to go through the current situation to get back to it. God Bless you and your sweet wife and of course Little Bit.
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad, and I'm very sorry. Thank you so much for your prayers and kind thoughts. It takes much effort for me to write of my thoughts on the subject of my Little Bit, but this is her journal..God bless you, Tiffany.

      Delete
  15. Stephen I hope things work out for you and lil bite. I don't pray in the traditional sense mostly I talk to Him and he listens i guess. But next time I do I'll tell him to help yall out. Also if it comes down to door kicking to get Lil bite holler and I'll back you up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Corey. Any prayer is welcome. I too seldom pray in the traditional sense, but the Good Lord and do chat an awful lot...back up if needed is appreciated.

      Delete
  16. You hang in there brother! There's lots of people praying and rooting for you.

    HankH

    ReplyDelete
  17. :( She deserves so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she does indeed. I'm trying my best to give it to her...thanks, my friend.

      Delete
  18. Still thinking and praying for you guys and little bit (as well as sport model.) I really hope the new lawyer is worth her price and can help you out.

    As far as names...Mega-Bit, Mother Bit, Motherboard...?

    Blessings,
    Southern Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear friend. Your prayers are most welcome, and needed...motherboard is a good one.

      Delete
  19. I can't even put into words how hopeful I am you will see a satisfactory end to all of this mess. My prayers continue to be earnest and steadfast for you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swamp Dog, my friend...thank you very much, and God bless.

      Delete
  20. You have a heart condition. You should not be kicking down doors.


    Let me do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tincan....the day may well arrive when I'll need your assistance. You're a good friend.

      Delete
  21. Hey Stephen,

    Thanks for the Tom Selleck movie picks; I watched a couple with the wife tonight and we really enjoyed them.

    HankH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Hank. I'm glad you enjoyed the movies. I make it a habit to purchase them when released...not many I like that well. Thanks and please, come on back.

      Delete