Autumn

Autumn

Friday, June 24, 2011

Mini Vacation





This is a view from our condo's deck. Out pass the island you see in the background is the Gulf of Mexico. Our island is Cedar Key, one of a string of islands extending into the Gulf, it's peaceful and quiet with only the occasional putter of a boat moving into the channel.
Wi-Fi and cell coverage is extremely spotty here; we're out a 'fer piece. It's a three hour drive from our home on two lane roads; slow driving, but I enjoy it.


The above picture is a view north just as you enter Cedar Key. Fishing here is wonderful. Wish you could see the wild flowers on the bank. I use my Blackberry's camera and it isn't the best for photography.
Please be patient if I don't post for a couple of days, I will try, but like I said communication isn't always reliable out here in the Gulf. Now, one last picture of Little Bit, then I'm gone. By the way, this is my first long weekend in four years. I've been working six days weeks for the last two and a half years and I'm enjoying the rest. So, from Sweet Wife, Little Bit and yours truly - have a good weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful view and a well deserved break! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and I want to see some pics of the fish you catch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lila, thank you. It is beautiful here and I'm afraid I haven't done it justice. I'm posting here at three a.m. - can't seem to sleep.

    MDR, when the sun rises I will walk about and try and find a mounted fish, snap a photo and claim it as mine. I came here to read and rest and shall not cast a line. Just an escape from the smoke filled skies of home is refreshing. There is a constant sea-breeze here and it sure feels good. BTW, I'm reading your December 2010 entries. I will finish soon. You do good work. Feel as though I've found a new family thru this feeble attempt of a blog. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cedar Key is very nice. We live about 3 hours south. Hope you have a great vacation.

    Southern Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Southern Girl, yes it is nice. We've been visiting her for twenty eight years. It isn't for young people, not enough night life, but for fairly old farts, it's fine. Come back and chat again, and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Picture are nice, love the view. No people, not much noise, looks wonderful. Hope ya have a nice relaxing one. Gotta love that Gulf of Mexico! Do you collect some shells? We used to get some sand dollars like crazy--some years back. CYa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well hello, Sis (TeresaK) nice to have you drop by and thank you. Yes, the Gulf is nice. I have never collected seashells, love their meat though. If you drop back by hit the 'follow' button.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for popping by the blog, always nice to see that someone might be tempted by a recipe. Your backyard looks great. Though our city is on the Gulf Coast, I'm on the North side of it so have to drive 30 minutes to the beach coast and 7 minutes to the Bay front.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kitchen Witch, you're welcome and thank you too. I found a couple of books at a flea market recently, more on that later, and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete